Diogo Duarte

ART SKOOL
A  R  T     I  S     N  O  T     A      T  H  I  N  G  ,     I  T     I  S     A     W  A  Y


Lisbon, Portugal born artist Diogo Duarte's self-portrait project, Unconscious Commands and Judgements of our Century. From the artist:

"I ‘perform’ different aspects of my personality in front of the camera with the intention of creating an inner dialogue of self-acceptance.

The staged photographs where every single character plays a role in the conversation, are almost knee jerk reactions to notions I have always been conflicted by such as sexual expression, sexual orientation and gender identity. From image to image, characters talk to each other in a constant swing between freedom of expression and repression.

Aspects of my personality that were once hidden away, are amplified and exaggerated in front of a surreal backdrop so their existence can no longer be ignored. The Fool - and many others - are dramatised and imagined just like children would when trying to explain what they don’t understand."











Unless otherwise stated, KAOS does not claim credit for any of images featured on our site. The copyright of all images remains with their respectful owners. If you own rights to any of the featured images, and object to their appearance here, please get in touch.

K A O S  ©  2 0 1 8

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket