Discographic: Diamonds Are Forever

EVERY TUESDAY, A FORGOTTEN VIDEO CLASSIC, AND WHY YOU NEED IT IN YOUR LIFE...

THERE AREN'T MANY openly gay artists in the music industry, and fewer still openly gay black or Asian artists. Hardly any of them gain mainstream success.


One openly gay, black artist who gained mainstream success in the 90s was David McAlmont, notching up hits as the voice of McAlmont & Butler. His solo career has been less successful, but generated one of the most gorgeous, and important albums of the decade, A Little Communication.

Before that lush, lost classic, there was his collaboration with David Arnold. It's gorgeous. McAlmont's voice is gorgeous. And oh boy, in this video, McAlmont is gorgeous. The camp is turned up to the max, and fem is redefined. And the lips, my God, the lips... Simmering masculinity and heaving pecs have their place, but sometimes you just want a sleek, pouting fem boy in a white catsuit to get wild with.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Diamonds Are Forever...

Previously - Discographic: Nothing Like The Rain

3 comments:

Wonder Man said...

Interesting stuff

SGL Café.com said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bow to the Queen, baby. I could worship this man! And I'm a huge Shirley Bassey fan, HUGE, hearing him do serious justice to this song and with such STYLE....

Oh, I'm weak, and I need a cigarette. I quit but at times like this I want one.

Thanks for introducing me to one of our DIVAs. Yes. I'll have to post this. I've never heard of him before, and I'm sure other haven't either.

TheatreMad87 said...

OH MY GOD!

I had this on an album of updated Bond songs, and this was my favourite! Thank you thank you thank you - now I can (ahem) "buy" the song legitimately from an online store...

 
◄Design by Pocket